If you would like to arrange a bucket collection at one of our staffed stations, please read our guide which explains who can collect, where and how to apply here.
Who can collect at stations?
- Applications will be considered from registered charities and from fundraisers supporting a registered charity.
- Applications will also be considered from community groups such as sports clubs for young people
- Please include a signed letter of support on headed paper from the charity or organisation with your application. This can be submitted as a pdf if applying by email.
- We do not permit collections representing political or religious organisations
- No charity that pays commission to its collectors or use a third-party professional fundraising agency will be considered. Applications for commercial fundraising activity should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public liability insurance for the charity or organisation must be valid at the time of the collection and submitted with the application. Applicants must ensure that their insurance covers this activity.
- Individual collections are not permitted
- All fundraisers must be a minimum of 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Due to restricted space, the maximum number of collectors is limited to four people. At some smaller stations, the maximum number of collectors may be limited to two people.
- Collections are not permitted at certain stations when major events are held on the Transport for Wales network e.g. rugby internationals, concerts and horseracing.
- There is no fee to collect at stations.
Where can I collect?
You can apply to collect at the following stations during booking office hours only:
|Cardiff Queen Street||Newport|
The opening times of booking offices can be obtained by clicking on the station.
Fundraising activity is not permitted at unstaffed stations.
Applications are accepted for carol singing and seasonal music in December.
How do I apply to collect at a station?
If you would like to collect at one of our stations, please:
- Check that you meet the criteria listed above.
- Send your application form and supporting documents to email@example.com
- In your application, please include the following details:
- Co-ordinator’s name
- Confirmation that you are over 18 years of age
- The name of the charity or organisation you wish to fundraise for
- A lead contact of the charity or organisation you wish to fundraise for (name and email address)
- The website of the charity or organisation
- An explanation as to why you wish to fundraise for your charity or organisation
- If approved, the preferred date and time for your collection
- A minimum of 30 days’ notice is required when applying to collect at a station managed by Transport for Wales.