Alive with culture and diversity, Birmingham is an ideal place to go for a day or a weekend break.
The UK's second largest city is full of museums and galleries, top class entertainment, and shopping centers. Plus you can enjoy amazing food and drink in one of Birmingham's many restaurants or trendy craft bars and breweries.
Trains to Birmingham:
- Cardiff Central to Birmingham New Street: 1 hour 57 mins
- Shrewsbury to Birmingham New Street: 1 hour
- Manchester Piccadilly to Birmingham New Street: 1 hour 33 mins
- The Birmingham NEC is a world famous arena which hosts the best events, exhibitions and acts all year round.
- Cadbury World is a fun and delicious day out. Go behind the scenes of this chocolate making company and take a tour or try your hand at becoming a chocolatier.
- The National Sealife Aquarium in Birmingham is an aquatic adventure for all the family to enjoy. If you book in advance online you can save up to 40% on the price of admission.
A Weekend in Birmingham
With its maze of canals, amazing shopping centers and a rich culture, Birmingham is one of the best cities for a weekend break.
If you're coming to shop then Birmingham's premier shopping destination is the Bullring. Less than 3mins walk from Birmingham New Street station. This shopping center boasts over 200 shops so you're sure to find what you're looking for.
Why not take a walk around Birmingham's historic Jewellery Quarter. Described by English Heritage as a 'national treasure' here you can find master craftsmen and women who make beautiful gleaming pieces of jewellery.
Or if you're looking for more culture and history there is a great array of museums and Art Gallery to enjoy that put on exhibitions and events throughout the year.
And make sure you try Birmingham's thriving food scene. You'll find an abundance of different cuisines to choose from including Chinese, Greek, Italian and Ethiopian. Plus you can find a host of excellent Indian restaurants in Birmingham's Balti Triangle. Then for something special afterward why not try and find one of Birmingham’s secret bars.