Birthplace of The Beatles this city's heart beats with culture and heritage
An ideal getaway for a city break, Liverpool boasts the most number of museums and galleries outside of London. Home to many music groups, two premier league football clubs and the Aintree Racecourse it's not just for the art lovers, Liverpool is an ideal city break.
Direct TfW Train Services to Liverpool commence from 19th May 2019
- Direct between Chester and Liverpool Lime Street – from 45 minutes,
typically departing hourly.
- Direct between Wrexham General and Liverpool Lime Street – from 1
hour 05 minutes, typically departing twice a day.
- Cardiff Central to Liverpool Lime Street – from 3 hours 15 mins (with only one change of train)
- Llandudno to Liverpool Lime Street – from 1 hour 45mins (with only one change of train)
- The Beatles Story and The Cavern - Immerse yourself in the story of The Beatles in this incredible celebration with exhibitons, memorabilia, audio guides, photographs and more in this award winning attraction. Then why not pay a visit to the The Cavern, billed as the 'most famous club in the world'. It's been at the centre of music in Liverpool for over 60 years.
- Walker Art Gallery - Home to work from David Hockne and Lucian Freud as well as Renaissance masterpieces and collections of Pre-Raphaelite art. This Gallery has been one of Europe's best for the past 130 years.
- Anfield & Goodison Park - A must see for any football fans, these two premier league giants have the longest ruuning top flight derby in England.
A Weekend in Liverpool
Liverpool Cathedral is the largest cathedral in the UK. Work started on building the Liverpool Cathedral in 1904 and it wasn't until 74 years later that it was completed in 1978.
Tate Liverpool - Situated in the Royal Albert dock you can find exhibitions British and international modern and contemporary a this gallery. The Tate Liverpool was opened in 1897 and currently displays over 70,000 pieces of artwork.
British music experience - This attraction opened in 2017 and uses performer's costumes, instruments and memorabilia to tell the story of music through the ages. There's even a chance for you to try your hand at strumming a guitar or rocking out on drums.