From historic castles to stunning beaches and dramatic mountains to exhilarating hikes, you can discover more of Wales for less with our Explore Wales Pass. It's just the ticket for your Welsh staycation.
Our Explore Wales Pass is valid for four days travel within an 8 day period to anywhere in Wales by train and on selected bus operators.
Explore Wales Pass
*Save more with a 16-25, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Senior Railcard.
Where to buy an Explore Wales Pass
You can buy an Explore Wales Pass from any of our ticket offices. You can also buy them from larger UK train stations and from a National Rail Appointed Travel Agent. You can't buy them online or over the phone.
Whether you're a foodie, rambler, adrenaline junkie or just looking for a quiet spot to relax.
Visit Wales has some great ideas for your trip
Our Bus Partners
Here is a list of the bus operators in Wales that will accept the 'Explore Wales Pass'
- Arriva Cymru
- First Group South & West Wales
- Cardiff Bus
- Stagecoach South Wales Bus
The following railways may provide offers for holders of Explore Wales Passes, please contact them for further details:
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland
- Talyllyn Railways
- Fairbourne Steam Railway
- Vale of Rheidol Railways
- Gwili Railway
- Llanberis Lake Railway
- Dean Forest Railway
Terms & Conditions
- Enjoy unlimited travel in the designated geographical area on Transport for Wales services for 4 days within an 8 day period.
- All stations in Wales plus extensions into England bounded by Shotton - Crewe - Abergavenny and Chepstow - Gloucester
- Explore Wales offers unlimited travel on Transport for Wales services in the designated geographical area for 4 days within an 8 day period.
- Valid for travel after 09:30 Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- However, no restriction between Llandudno and Blaenau Ffestiniog, Shrewsbury and Swansea on Heart of Wales services, west of Carmarthen, Aberystwyth-Machynlleth-Pwllheli or Wrexham Central-Bidston.
- No restriction on buses.
- Valid on Transport for Wales, CrossCountry, Great Western Railway and Avanti West Coast services
- Buy Explore Wales from your local rail station booking office.
- Unused tickets are refundable subject to an administration fee.