Take in the stunning landscapes of North & Mid Wales. The beautiful scenery of the Snowdonia National Park gives a backdrop to a place alive with action, and rich in culture.
Our Explore Wales Pass is valid for four days travel within an 8 day period to anywhere in Wales by train and on selected bus operators.
North & Mid Wales Pass
*Save more with a 16-25, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Senior Railcard.
Where to buy an Explore Wales Pass
You can buy an Explore Wales Pass from any of our ticket offices. You can also buy them from larger UK train stations and from a National Rail Appointed Travel Agent. You can't buy them online or over the phone.
Whether you're a foodie, rambler, adrenaline junkie or just looking for a quiet spot to relax.
Our Bus Partners
Here is a list of the bus operators in Wales that will accept the 'Explore Wales Pass'
- Arriva Cymru
- First Group South & West Wales
- Cardiff Bus
- Stagecoach South Wales
The following railways may provide offers for holders of Explore Wales Passes, please contact them for further details:
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland
- Talyllyn Railways
- Fairbourne Steam Railway
- Vale of Rheidol Railways
- Llanberis Lake Railway
Terms & Conditions
- Enjoy unlimited travel in the designated geographical area for a day on Transport for Wales services.
- Explore North & Mid Wales offers unlimited travel on Transport for Wales and on selected bus services in Wales for 4 days within an 8 day period, within the designated geographical area.
- Bounded by Holyhead - Crewe - Shrewsbury - Pwllheli and the coast, plus Llandudno - Llandudno Junction and Dovey Junction - Aberystwyth.
- Valid after 09:30 Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. Valid for 4 days' travel in an 8 day period.
- However, no restriction between Llandudno and Blaenau Ffestiniog or Aberystwyth - Pwllheli.
- No restriction on buses.
- Valid on Transport for Wales, Great Western Railway, Northern and Virgin Trains services
- Buy Explore North & Mid Wales from your local rail station booking office.
- If there are no ticket buying facilities at the station where you are starting your journey, you can also buy Explore Cambrian from a Conductor on board a Transport for Wales service.
- Unused tickets are refundable subject to an administration fee.
- No time restriction between Llandudno and Blaenau Ffestiniog or Aberystwyth – Pwllheli