South Wales is a hub of sporting events and Welsh culture. Discover coastal hikes, vibrant communities and the serenity of the Wye Valley.
Our Explore Wales Pass is valid for four days travel within an 8 day period to anywhere in Wales by train and on selected bus operators.
|South Wales Pass||£69.00||£34.50||£45.55|
*Save more with a 16-25, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Senior Railcard.
Where to buy an Explore Wales Pass
You can buy an Explore Wales Pass from any of our ticket offices. You can also buy them from larger UK train stations and from a National Rail Appointed Travel Agent.
You can't buy them online or over the phone.
Whether you're a foodie, rambler, adrenaline junkie or just looking for a quiet spot to relax.
Visit Wales has some great ideas for your trip
Our Bus Partners
Here is a list of the bus operators in Wales that will accept the 'Explore South Wales Pass'
- Arriva Cymru
- First Group South & West Wales
- Cardiff Bus
- Stagecoach South Wales Bus
The following railways may provide offers for holders of Explore Wales Passes, please contact them for further details:
Terms & Conditions
- Enjoy unlimited travel in the designated geographical area on Transport for Wales services for 4 days within an 8 day period.
- For travel between Pembroke Dock/Milford Haven/Fishguard Harbour - Shrewsbury via Llandrindod Wells and Newport, plus Newport - Gloucester and all Cardiff Valleys services including Maesteg, Llantwit Major and Ebbw Vale.
- Explore South Wales offers unlimited travel on Transport for Wales services in the designated geographical area for 4 days within an 8 day period.
- Valid for travel after 09:30 Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- However, no restriction between Shrewsbury and Swansea on Heart of Wales services or west of Carmarthen.
- No restriction on buses
- Valid on Transport for Wales, Great Western Railway services
- Buy Explore South Wales from your local rail station booking office.
- If there are no ticket buying facilities at the station where you are starting your journey, you can also buy Explore South Wales from a Conductor on board a Transport for Wales service.
- Unused tickets are refundable subject to an administration fee.