You can explore Wales by train with a Rover or Ranger ticket. You get unlimited travel for one day and you can choose which part of the network to explore. And you don’t need to plan ahead. You can buy them on the day from one of our ticket offices or on the train.
- Explore Cambrian Coast
- Take in the view along the stunning Cambrian Coast with an Explore Cambrian Day ticket. You can use it for the whole day from 0915 Monday to Friday or all day at weekends (not bank holidays) on trains from Pwllheli to Aberystwyth and Machynlleth.
Adult Child Family Railcard Explore Cambrian Day £13.00 £6.50 £22.00 £8.50
- Explore the Capital Day Ranger
- For just £4.50, you can enjoy same day unlimited off-peak train travel within the Cardiff and Penarth area with our Explore the Capital day-to-go ticket. It’s more flexible and generally better value than buying a return ticket or a combination of single tickets when you travel off-peak.
- You can use our Explore the Capital Day Ranger within the Cardiff and Penarth area between any of these stations:
- Dingle Road
- Ninian Park
- Cardiff Bay
- Cardiff Central
- Heath High Level
- Tŷ Glas
- Cardiff Queens Street
- Heath Low Level
- Waun-Gron Park
Adult Child Railcard Explore Capital Day Ranger £4.50 £2.25 £2.90
- Explore Cardiff & Valleys and Valleys Night Rider
- Venture further afield with the Explore Cardiff & Valleys ticket.
- You can use it for the whole day from 0914 Monday to Friday or all day at weekends (not bank holidays).
- In the evening, you can check out Cardiff, Bridgend, or anywhere on the Valley lines with our Night Rider ticket, where you can travel after 1830 Monday to Sundays.
Adult Child Explore Cardiff & Valleys £13.00 £6.50 Valleys Night Rider £7.00 Not available
- Explore West Wales
- You can enjoy unlimited travel in West Wales between Carmarthen, Pembroke Dock, Milford Haven and Fishguard with our Explore West Wales Day ticket.
Adult Child Railcard Explore West Wales £13.00 £6.50 £8.50
- Ffestiniog Round Robin
- The Round Robin is your ticket on the Ffestiniog Railway from stations in North Wales.
Adult Child Railcard Manchester, Birmingham, Stockport, Wilmslow, Hooton, Runcorn, Warrington, Birkenhead, Liverpool and Wolverhampton £44.00 £22.00 Not available All other destinations £39.00 £19.50 Not available
- Heart of Wales Circular Day Ranger
- Our Heart of Wales Circular Ranger allows you to travel along the Heart of Wales Line on a circular route over 1 or 2 days.
Adult Child Railcard Heart of Wales Circular Day Ranger £40.00 £20.00 £26.60 Heart of Wales Circular Two Day Ranger £59.00 £29.50 £39.30
- North Wales Rover
- Our Ranger and Rover tickets give you ultimate flexibility and the North Wales Rover is no exception. You can choose to travel within any two, three or all zones.
- The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway offers a 50% discount off third class single or return tickets to holders of All Zones and Zones Conwy (C) & Gwynedd (G & M), North Wales Rover tickets.
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway
Adult Child Railcard North Wales Rover 2 Zones £13.80 £6.50 Not available North Wales Rover 3 Zones £23.40 £11.00 Not available North Wales Rover All Zones £37.10 £18.50 £24.40