If you make the same journey more than 3 times a week, you could save money with a Season ticket
You can choose from 7-day, monthly or annual tickets. The longer the term of the ticket, the greater the saving you'll make*.
We can also tailor our Season tickets for any period of time between one and 12 months. You can find out how much a Season ticket will save you by using the National Rail Season Ticket Calculator.
For many routes our Season tickets can be loaded onto a Transport for Wales Smartcard, so you can buy and travel completely contactless.
*In comparison to buying an Anytime Day Return ticket on the day of travel.
Commuting less? Save more with Multiflex.
If you’re working from home more and travelling to work less, save money with Multiflex train tickets. Get 12 journeys for the price of 10+ and travel when you want over 3 months.
+Multiflex 12 single journey tickets cost the same as five Anytime Day Return tickets (10 journeys) purchased on the day of travel for the equivalent journey.
How to buy a Season ticket
If you’re using our Smartcard to travel, you won’t need a National Rail photocard to purchase season tickets for our services, however we do ask you to carry photographic ID when travelling with us. For most other Season tickets, you'll need a National Rail photocard. We'll provide one free at station ticket offices if you have two recent passport-style photos of yourself.
For Smartcard tickets:
1. You can order a Smartcard and buy Season tickets on our website or app. To load your ticket onto your Smartcard, just tap your Smartcard onto one of our Smartcard readers at stations. Once you hear the sound, your ticket has been loaded. You can also use your smartphone if the TfW Rail app is installed.
For paper tickets:
1. If you already have a National Rail photocard, you can buy a Season ticket on our app or website for collection at one of our self-serve ticket machines or ticket offices. Please note that when buying on our app there are some routes for which you will be unable to buy a paper season ticket. Smartcard season tickets will be offered as an alternative in this situation.
2. If you already have a National Rail photocard, you can buy Season tickets at our ticket offices. 7-day Seasons can only be purchased after 12 noon, the day before you plan to start using your Season ticket.
How to renew your Season ticket
1. You can renew most Season tickets on our app or website up to 28 days before your existing ticket expires. Please note that when buying on our app there are some routes for which you will be unable to buy a paper season ticket. Smartcard season tickets will be offered as an alternative in this situation.
2. You can renew your Season ticket at one of our ticket offices. Please note: a 7-Day paper ticket can only be purchased after 12 noon the day before the start date on the ticket.*
3. You can renew monthly and 7-day Season tickets at self-serve ticket machines.*
4. You can renew 7-day Season tickets on board certain services, where retail facilities allow.*
* You must have a valid National Rail Photo Card to renew your paper season tickets on our website, via our app, at ticket offices, at self-serve ticket machines and on board.
Save more with a corporate Season ticket scheme
From 1st January 2020, you can save 5% on the cost of your annual Season Ticket through our Corporate season ticket scheme.