We’re working hard to reduce the cost of your train travel. Fares in North Wales have been reduced by 10% and some fares to and from our Cardiff & Valleys stations have been reduced by 12.5% with season tickets reduced by 14% with effect from January 2020.
January 2020 Changes
All fares set by Transport for Wales in North Wales, west of Chester and north of Wrexham, have been reduced by 10%. This reduction includes all inter-available, advance and walk-up fares but doesn’t include Rovers & Rangers.
Cardiff and Valleys Zone 5
Fares to and from some Cardiff and Valleys stations have been reduced by 12.5%. Season tickets have been reduced by 14%. This includes the following stations:
- Treherbert to Cardiff (Treherbert, Ynyswen, Treorchy, Ton Pentre, Ystrad Rhondda, Llwynypia, Tonypandy and Dinas Rhondda)
- Aberdare to Cardiff (Aberdare, Cwmbach, Fernhill, Mountain Ash and Penrhiwceiber)
- Merthyr Tydfil to Cardiff (Merthyr Tydfil, Pentre-Bach, Troed-y-Rhiw, Merthyr Vale and Quaker's Yard)
- Rhymney to Cardiff (Rhymney, Pontlottyn, Tir-Phil, Brithdir, Bargoed and Gilfach Fargoed)
- Ebbw Vale to Cardiff (Ebbw Vale Town, Ebbw Vale Parkway, Llanhilleth and Newbridge)
- Maesteg to Cardiff (Maesteg, Maesteg (Ewenny Road), Garth (Mid-Glamorgan), Tondu and Sarn)
Download our TfW Rail app or visit one of our ticket offices today to take advantage of these special fares.
All fares and products are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel and other specific terms and conditions. Please check all Ts & Cs prior to purchasing your ticket and travel. Please ensure you purchase the correct ticket for your journey before you get on the train, at all stations where ticket vending machines and ticket offices are in operation.