Hi there I’m Siani the caterpillar and I’m working hard to transform your Cardiff Central station.
I’ll be popping up around the station wherever and whenever work is taking place to keep you up to date with what’s happening. Some of these works will be a little disruptive but I’ll be there to help you and the end result will be great.
Phase 1 Complete!
We’ve hired four new ambassadors and extra staff to help you on your way
- And our friends in Network Rail have done specialist stone cleaning,
- Improved roof drainage
- And the fantastic clock tower refurbishment
Phase 2 We’re working on it now and it’s nearly done.
A big clean up, getting Cardiff Central looking really smart
- Extra bins to keep the station tidy including easier recycling
- A lick of paint for the subways and steps
- Brighter lighting and better signage
- Extra seats in the booking office
Phase 3 Coming very soon!
Extended ticket gates, to help you faster on your way – we’re starting at the end of the month!
- Brand new ticket machines – starting in December. Selling a fuller range of tickets.
- Phone chargers in waiting rooms • Additional cycle storage (hoops) and platform seating
- Refurbishment of the toilets and creation of a ‘Changing Place’ facility in disabled toilets.
- Customer Information screens at the bottom of the stairs to platforms.
Phase 4 Subway work
TfW and Network Rail, alongside contractors are developing plans for additional work to improve Cardiff Central for passengers today.
- Our main-focus is to improve the main station subway which thousands of passengers use every day.
- We want to make it into a much better environment for station users.
Phase 5 The big plan!
There are exciting long term plans being developed by Welsh Government, DfT, Network Rail and other partners. We’ll share these soon!