What we're doing to keep you safe
Social distancing measures at station and on train.
Increased train and station cleaning.
Use of enhanced cleaning products.
Hand sanitizer in dispensers at staffed stations for the use of customers and colleagues.
Maintenance of hand washing facilities in toilets.
Socially distancing at stations
- We ask passengers to respect others' space by maintaining a two-metre distance, where possible whilst moving around stations and platforms.
- Please arrive at the station in plenty of time to board your train and follow the directional signage which is in place at our stations.
- Queuing systems will be in place at some stations for social distancing purposes. Signage and station announcements will ensure safe queuing for passengers
See pictures of our social distancing at stations
Socially distancing on trains
- We have added extra carriages to services where possible and passenger numbers are limited on each service to support social distancing
- Check how busy your train is likely to be with our capacity checker.
- Please keep your distance and avoid sitting directly next to other passengers
Avoid facing other passengers
Standing, (other than to board or leave the train), is discouraged. Notices that discourage standing are displayed in areas where customers naturally stand, such as in doorways.
- Remember some passengers can only use some parts of the train, such as wheelchair-accessible spaces, so keep them free where you can.
- Respect the space of our colleagues whilst they’re working to keep you safe.
Rail replacement bus safety measures
We have worked closely with our bus contractors to implement the following safety measures on board our rail replacement bus services
- Seating restrictions are in place to ensure appropriate distancing between passengers.
- Face Coverings to be worn in accordance with Government Advice.
- Driver to be segregated to ensure safety of the driver and boarding/alighting passengers.
- Driver announcements to be made explaining safety measures taken in response to Covid 19 and encouraging all onboard to follow them.