Rugby 6 Nations 2019 Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Trains in the Cardiff area will be busy all day
- There will be limited capacity on local Cardiff and Valleys routes.
- We advise customers not to wait until the last train service to go home.
- On Saturday please check your journey plans before you travel at www.journeycheck.com/TfWrail for the latest information about real-time service amendments.
- A post-match queue system will be in place at Cardiff Central station.
- Cardiff Queen Street will close at 18:00. For all local Cardiff and Valleys services please use Cardiff Central after this time.
- Revenue Protection Officers will be patrolling the network, please ensure you have a valid ticket to travel before boarding your train.
Top Ten Tips for travelling to the match
- Please allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Download the TfW Rail App to avoid queues at station booking offices.
- Return to the station as quickly as possible after the event.
- Please be aware you could be queuing for up to ninety minutes for your train but please be patient - the queuing system is for your personal safety.
- Purchase your return ticket in advance to avoid further delays at stations. A return is often cheaper than two singles!
- Allow for weather conditions when queuing (i.e. bring an umbrella and warm clothing).
- Please be aware that there are temporary toilets available to passengers outside the station situated in all three car parks. There are also passenger toilets on each platform.
- If you require assistance when travelling by train, please let us know in advance.
- If you are not going to the event, please avoid travelling to and from Cardiff Central station on that day.
- All available trains will be out working however services will be extremely busy and you may have to stand for some or all of your journey.
- Please be aware that smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere on Transport for Wales premises, including on trains and at stations.