Wales v Ireland
- Saturday 31 August 2019
- Kick Off 1430
- Cardiff Queen Street station will close at 1615.
- For public safety, a queueing system will be in place at Cardiff Central station after the game.
Buy Before You Board
As local stations are busy on match days, buy your tickets before the day and chose a return ticket to typically save time on your homeward journey and money.
Give our ticket app a try
You can also buy mobile tickets through our app. It’s quick, simple and secure to use. Search TfWRail in your app store.
Top Tips for travelling to the match
- Please allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Download the TfW Rail App to avoid queues at station booking offices.
- Return to the station as quickly as possible after the event.
- Please be aware you could be queuing for up to ninety minutes for your train but please be patient - the queuing system is for your personal safety.
- Purchase your return ticket in advance to avoid further delays at stations. A return is often cheaper than two singles!
- Allow for weather conditions when queuing (i.e. bring an umbrella and warm clothing).
- Please be aware that there are temporary toilets available to passengers outside the station situated in all three car parks. There are also passenger toilets on each platform.
- If you require assistance when travelling by train, please let us know in advance.
- If you are not going to the event, please avoid travelling to and from Cardiff Central station on that day.
- All available trains will be out working however services will be extremely busy and you may have to stand for some or all of your journey.
- Please be aware that smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere on Transport for Wales premises, including on trains and at stations.