Rugby Autumn Internationals 2018 Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Trains in the Cardiff area will be busy all day
- If going to the match, travel into Cardiff as early as possible
- A post-match queue system will be in place at Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen St stations.
- Revenue Protection Officers will be patrolling the network, please ensure you have a valid ticket to travel before boarding your train.
After the match, fans wanting to travel home on local Cardiff and Valleys services are asked to use Cardiff Queen Street. Customers for main line services including Ebbw Vale and Maesteg services are to use Cardiff Central.
Please note - On Saturday 3 November local Cardiff and Valleys services will be extremely busy due to firework displays and a Cardiff City home match.
Top Ten Tips for travelling to the match
- Please allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Return to the station as quickly as possible after the event.
- Please be aware you could be queuing for up to ninety minutes for your train but please be patient - the queuing system is for your personal safety.
- Purchase your return ticket in advance to avoid further delays at stations. A return is often cheaper than two singles!
- Allow for weather conditions when queuing (i.e. bring an umbrella and warm clothing).
- Please be aware that there are temporary toilets available to passengers outside the station situated in all three car parks. There are also passenger toilets on each platform.
- If you require assistance when travelling by train, please let us know in advance.
- If you are not going to the event, please avoid travelling to and from Cardiff Central station on that day.
- All available trains will be out working however services will be extremely busy and you may have to stand for some or all of your journey.
- Please be aware that smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere on Transport for Wales premises, including on trains and at stations.
Cardiff Queen Street: