Rugby Autumn Internationals 2018 Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Trains in the Cardiff area will be busy all day
Due to continuing problems from Storm Callum and damage to wheels caused by seasonal conditions, we currently have more trains than usual currently undergoing repair.
As a result, throughout the day there will be less capacity available than usual for an event day and some services will run as a rail replacement service. If going to the match, travel into Cardiff as early as possible.
- There will be limited capacity on local Cardiff and Valleys routes.
- Services from Cardiff Central to Newport, Cwmbran, Pontypool& New Inn, Abergavenny will run as rail replacement bus services.
- Bus shuttles between Cardiff and Newport will be in place.
- We advise customers not to wait until the last train service to go home.
- On Saturday please check your journey plans before you travel at www.journeycheck.com/TfWrail for the latest information about real-time service amendments.
- A post-match queue system will be in place at Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen St stations.
- Revenue Protection Officers will be patrolling the network, please ensure you have a valid ticket to travel before boarding your train.
Top Ten Tips for travelling to the match
- Please allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Return to the station as quickly as possible after the event.
- Please be aware you could be queuing for up to ninety minutes for your train but please be patient - the queuing system is for your personal safety.
- Purchase your return ticket in advance to avoid further delays at stations. A return is often cheaper than two singles!
- Allow for weather conditions when queuing (i.e. bring an umbrella and warm clothing).
- Please be aware that there are temporary toilets available to passengers outside the station situated in all three car parks. There are also passenger toilets on each platform.
- If you require assistance when travelling by train, please let us know in advance.
- If you are not going to the event, please avoid travelling to and from Cardiff Central station on that day.
- All available trains will be out working however services will be extremely busy and you may have to stand for some or all of your journey.
- Please be aware that smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere on Transport for Wales premises, including on trains and at stations.