Whether you are making the trip to Cardiff for shopping, sport and to take in the sites, you won’t be stuck for things to do to fill your day.
Shoppers are well catered for with something to suit every style and budget in a plethora of stores within the city. Whether you are looking for big-name brands, designer labels, or more niche and unique treasures, there is something for everything within the Queen’s Arcade shopping centre and surrounding streets.
If adventure is more your thing, then a visit to Cardiff International White Water is a perfect way to spend your day. Try out white water rafting, stand up paddleboarding, gorge walking or kayaking, and you don’t even need to worry about being too tired to make the journey home again with our train service.
If you prefer getting your sports fix from the stands, then Cardiff has something for everyone. Football with Cardiff City football team at the Cardiff City Stadium, rugby with Cardiff Blues rugby union team at the world-famous Cardiff Arms Park or even ice hockey at the Viola Arena with the Cardiff Devils ice hockey team, you’ll be spoilt for choice with what to watch.
Taking the train to Cardiff is also perfect for a visit to the Millennium Centre. There are performances for all the family, including the Top West End shows, as well as smaller family-friendly shows and craft sessions for the little ones, there really is something for everyone.
- Why choose Transport for Wales?
- It’s important to us that you arrive at your destination feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready for your day ahead. That’s why Transport for Wales put our passengers first every time - first for comfort, first for safety and first for quality.
- What are the accessibility options for TfW trains?
- Train travel should be hassle-free and accessible, which is why our trains are designed with a range of options to create a relaxing journey for everyone. Transport for Wales incorporates push buttons for both external and internal train doors, clear address systems, ramps, wheelchair spaces and fold away chairs, with more improvements being made soon. For more details, follow this link.
- Can I take my dog on the train?
- It’s great to take your dog on a day trip with you, and many destinations provide access to excellent walks and dog-friendly attractions. Well behaved dogs are welcome on Transport for Wales trains, and you can even bring cats, and other pets, as long as they don’t disturb other passengers and are safe and under control. A maximum of two animals per passenger is allowed. See here for further details.
- What are the ways to buy your ticket?